Useful Tree Information:
How to mulch your tree….
- Clear weeds and grass from base of the tree
- Place a 7-10cm (3-4in) of mulch around tree, keeping mulch at least 5cm (2in) from base of the tree.
Why mulch your tree?
A perfectly mulched tree!
Size of circle of mulch matches drip-line of the tree
No mulch within 5cm of trunk
- Get a free front yard tree - click here - City of Toronto
- Get a subsidized back yard tree - click here - LEAF
- "Your New Tree" flyer - click here - City of Toronto (should be left behind every time a new front yard tree is planted)
- Watering - click here - City of Toronto
- "Has the City Contractor Planted Your New Tree Correctly?" - click here - City of Toronto
- Top Ten Things To Do For Your Tree - click here - LEAF
- Tree Care Guide - click here - LEAF
- 24 Ways to Kill (and Not Kill) a Tree - click here - VirginiaTech
- Ontario Tree Atlas (native tree list for Toronto) - click here - Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- Trees are Good by the International Society of Arboriculture